- Burner supply tube and assembly
- Drain and gas valves
- Pilot light
- Temperature control
- Main burner
It costs hundreds of dollars to repair most components of a water heater.*
Problems with your hot water heater can cause: hot water to run out too quickly, no hot water for showering or washing and noise and odor due to sediment build-up
It can be a major inconvenience when your water heater fails and finding a qualified professional to address the problem quickly can be time consuming and costly. Stay in hot water with an affordable repair plan from HomeServe and get protection from high repair costs and access to our 24/7 hotline where you can schedule a repair for your water heater.
*National average repair costs as of January 2016. No charge for covered repairs up to your annual benefit amount.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- $1,000 annual benefit amount
- Multiple service calls up to annual benefit
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
You depend on hot water for showering, washing and laundry. Problems with your natural gas water heater can be a major inconvenience. Finding a qualified professional can be time consuming and costly. Get protection help from the high cost of repairs with a home service repair plan from HomeServe. If your water heater can't be repaired, the balance of your annual benefit can be applied to a like-for-like replacement.
The Water Heater Repair and Replacement Plan provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a tank-based electric, natural gas or propane water heater that is damaged due to normal wear and tear. If your water heater is deemed beyond repair, you can apply the balance of your repair plan’s benefit amount to a like-for-like replacement.
Important coverage information
- Residential homeowner with sole responsibility for the electric, natural gas or propane water heater
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your water heater, or if you have a commercial grade, larger than 100 gallon, tankless, solar, geothermal, oil, hanging or combination home heating/domestic hot water unit
- Exhaust venting, jacket and interior doors, expansion tanks, supply and delivery water piping other than flexible, and electrical service wiring; damage from restricted lines or as a result of water pressure in excess of 80 P.S.I.; costs associated with making space suitable for installation when the replacement unit does not fit in the existing space; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace an electric, natural gas or propane water heater, for which you have sole responsibility, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. If your water heater is deemed beyond repair, you can apply the balance of your benefit amount to a unit most similar in capacity and/or functionality.
Not covered: Exhaust venting, jacket and interior doors, expansion tanks, supply and delivery water piping other than flexible, and electrical service wiring; damage from restricted lines or as a result of water pressure in excess of 80 P.S.I.; costs associated with making space suitable for installation when the replacement unit does not fit in the existing space; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your form is processed, and there is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a repair service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. There is a 90-day waiting period before you can make a replacement service call. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), you will not be subject to a waiting period.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (or less any claims paid if cancelled at any time after renewal/reactivation, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract and is billed on a bi-monthly basis through your utility bill. Your service agreement will be automatically renewed annually at the then-current renewal price. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from your utilities company, providing emergency home repair services and protection solutions to homeowners across the U.S.
Frequently asked questions
HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. ("HomeServe"), with corporate offices located at 601 Merritt 7, 6th Floor, Norwalk, CT 06851, is an independent company separate from Louisville Water Company and offers this optional plan service as an authorized representative of the contract issuer, AMT Warranty Corp., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect the price, availability or terms of service from Louisville Water Company.
Water Heater Repair and Replacement for only $6.99/mo.